Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I heart JHB

'I heart JHB' is a project I did in my 3rd year of study which i recently stumbled upon in my hardrive and thought why not show it here. :) It was an ISTD Typography project where the theme that I went with (out of 4 other themes) was 'Connecting through Type'. Here I went with the idea of the connections of streets and roads and what better area to connect through type with than central Joburg, my Bermuda Triangle err... square, the very place I dread getting lost in but yet always lose my way in :) I drew some of my inspiration from the famous I heart New York logo designed by Milton Glaser. Each traffic light is dotted with a tiny heart showing how despite the fact that I always lose my way in the CBD, i do love it.






No comments:

Post a Comment